RatedR Bismarck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RatedR Bismarck

A FFXI linkshell on Bismarck

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

"FFXIclopedia forums have been restored..."

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Taheenaa
Admin
Taheenaa

"FFXIclopedia forums have been restored..." Empty
PostSubject: "FFXIclopedia forums have been restored..."   "FFXIclopedia forums have been restored..." I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:37 pm

Posted: 03 Apr 2008 03:58 am

From Ffxiclopedia forums:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:11 pm
This is not an April Fool's Day Joke

This afternoon the FFXIclopedia forums were infected with a Real Player exploit (the same exploit other FFXI sites were infected with a few weeks ago). The exploit has been removed from the forums with the help of the FFXIclopedia admins and the Wikia admins.

SCAN YOUR COMPUTERS
Update your virus scanner and spyware scanner definitions. Check and double check that your PC is not infected. This was brought to our attention relatively quick. The forum's web server was turned off as quickly as possible and the infected code was removed as quickly as possible. The window to be infected was small, but enough to cause harm. SCAN YOUR COMPUTERS.

We announced last week that we will be upgrading our forums. We are trying to move up the schedule on this to prevent any further malicious activity. In the mean time, if anyone finds that this problem reappears, please email me at ganiman@gmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false, log into our IRC channel #ffxiclopedia on Freenode, or send me an instant message on AIM to Ganiman.
Back to top Go down
http://thegoblintailor.canadian-forum.com

"FFXIclopedia forums have been restored..."
Page 1 of 1